The Blue Devil GF4000 series twin-shaft shredder is a best-selling machine in the range as it largely meets the production needs of most users.
The cutting shafts are equipped with 4 planetary gears (2 per shaft) and 4 hydraulic motors (2 per shaft) and can be powered by a diesel or electric industrial engine.
The twin-shaft shredder is supplied standard with the following features:
- Shredder body in a solid, very thick monolithic element
- Sturdy welded steel structure loading hopper
- Shredder body support scaffolding equipped with a tilting chute to change the unloading side of the processed material
- Replaceable walls and armour plates of the machine body made of Hardox 400
- Replaceable heads of the machine body made of Hardox 400
- Shaft unit that can be completely removed for maintenance and/or replacement of individual components (shafts, spacer, blade frame)
- Blade fixing using a special system developed by Zato that allows them to be held on the shaft in extreme stress and load conditions
- Blades made of special suitably heat-treated steel with a profile configuration designed for improved performance
- Removable and replaceable cleaning sectors with surface in contact with the shaft previously treated to increase wear-resistance
- Induction hardened spacers in the area in contact with the material to increase wear-resistance and extend life
- Management in automatic mode of shaft speed and shut-down via PLC.
- Supply unit housed in container, which is positioned 6-12 metres from the shredder, safe from impact, damage and dust recirculation
- Electrical panel equipped with HMI panel with operator-editable production parameters
- Electrical panel equipped with modem for remote assistance and machine data saving on the Zato web portal
- Wireless remote control for controlling machine operating functions with emergency stop button, manual/automatic position
- Easy installation (6 days max.) and transfer (3 days max.)
- Soundproof container equipped with access doors for maintenance
- Primary brand bearings in solid bronze cage outside the shredding chamber, shielded by sealing gaskets and lubricated with grease through an automatic control unit controlled via PLC.